Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pull Ups & Prowler

Warmup
50 sit ups 
2 min on the rower or bike
Then 3 rounds of:
Cindy
1/1 Turkish Getup 

Mobility
Work the shins and calves. Kneeling on a roller is a good way to get at the shin. Move your foot around while you're working on it. 

Strength
Max Effort: Pull Ups
Find your best strict pull up.
If you're still working on your 1st pull up, use the resistance machine. 
If you have a strict pull up, start adding weight. 
Your rep scheme should look something like this: 3-3-2-2-1-1-1

WOD

Prowler Push 
10 x 30yards (Start light and add weight. You probably won't need to add much.)
Rest as needed.
If you're not on campus, or don't have access to a Prowler, drag a tire and add some weight to it. 

Endurance
Off or take 15-25 minutes to run or bike as active recovery after the Prowler work. 

Note: This will be a catch up day for me. I spent the past couple of days in the woods, so I'll need to get my bench press day in. I'll blend that with the heavy pull ups and I'll end with the Prowler. 
I'll see if I have any pictures of the hike to put up tomorrow. Pictures of the prowler work won't be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment