Monday, June 9, 2014

Helen

I hope you had a good rest day yesterday. Let's start the week with Helen! This is a benchmark workout, so I like to get it into the rotation regularly and see how I compare to past times. I also like 2 other Helen variations that I'm sure we'll see this summer.

Warmup
400m row
3 rounds of: 
10 squats 
20 sit ups 
10 pass throughs 
5 pull-ups 
10 push-ups
15 kettlebell swings (very light)

Mobility
Short roller and lax ball work. Cover all the major areas quickly unless there is something that needs special attention.

Strength
5/3/1 Week 1 Back Squat

WOD

"Helen"
3 Rounds For Time:
400m Run
21 - KB Swings (55/35)
12 - Pull Ups

Endurance
Run 20-40 minutes (depending on your fitness level). If you can make it work, end near water and jump in right afterwards. The colder the water the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment